• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Iron Gym / JML Pull up bar.

lazygit

Bluelighter
Intrested in getting either of these however it seems you can't use it if you have a door attatched?

It doesn't really make it clear, onlit it fits "in most door frames".

I don't have a door frame without a door so this would be useless.

Does anyone know if this can be used with a door attactched?

I have a bar which adjusts to the door frame and is supported in two cups drilled into the door frame, this is now outside due to a new multifolding door getting in the way.

So i expect "why don't you just use the outside one" responses...

1, Well it gets rusty because its put up between my house and garage.
2, I'd use it indoors much more.
3, Its cold ouside!
4, The Jml/Iron Gym has the vertical grip, and cal also be used to dips, push ups etc.

So yeah can you use either without removing the door frame?

yeah, you can use it with a door attached, i've got one and it works fine on all the door frames.

Sweet just seen it used on a door frame with door attatched. They don;t show a door on the ads though.

mugabe is it any good? damage the door frame atall?

Im getting one cheap hopefully.

Also does anyone know which is better JML or Iron Gym,?

I LOVE the Iron Gym pull up thingy! I notice results rather quickly and there has been no damage to my door frame.

I dig the fact that its on my bedroom door and whenever I walk into the room I can do a quick set. Pretty convenient plus I notice that I have gotten ab definition simply from doing pull-ups in different positions.

I think I paid $39.99US at Bed Bath and Beyond but I understand they are now sold cheaper elsewhere

Sweet just seen it used on a door frame with door attatched. They don;t show a door on the ads though.

mugabe is it any good? damage the door frame atall?

Im getting one cheap hopefully.

Also does anyone know which is better JML or Iron Gym,?

They are all pretty much the same, they are really good too. I have been doing 3 sets every day, not overworking myself. I started doing 2 reps in each set in each position and now am doing about 10 reps in each set. My strength has improved decently with not too much effort.

this is something i need to get, althought id rather get one i can screw to a beam in the basement,
ive never completed a chin up/pull up and need to start doing them

^the good thing about the iron gym is that you can do pull ups in a few different styles rather than the only 2 options available with screw in ones.

its it possible to screw the iron gym into a beam in my basement?

I'm not seeing any holes in my Iron Gym that you can do that with. The metal isn't really that sturdy (it relies more on leverage in a door frame) but you may be able to drill some holes to accomplish this.

Personally, I wouldn't bother messing with its set-up since it is rather flawless in its design and you will lose the benefits of the various functions it can serve (ie. situps, wide-grip pull-ups.

Have you seen the video on their website? It may give you a better idea on whether or not it'll suit your own personal style.

Its easy to attach and remove (real easy) if you are concerned about it detracting from the aesthetics of your home. Just pop it on the frame and pop it right off

no wi will look up that video, i just prefer to do my excercise in the basement thats why and theres no door fream to do it on

I loved my chinup bar when I lived back at home. Got to look into moving it to my flat. Really works well if I can't get to the gym.

from what ive been reading chin ups are one of the most effect excerses for working the biceps, and upper body

yeah, you can use it with a door attached, i've got one and it works fine on all the door frames.

Same here.

The only problem *in my* home is that you need plenty of space for the ends of it. Only 1 doorway in my house doesn't have a wall blocking it from working correctly, so if I don't want to do pull ups in one area of my apartment, I can't do them at all.

No biggie though, it also works great for push ups and dips.

I mainly work out in the gym though. My iron gym still is fun to use.